The Beta Theta Pi Parents’ Alliance at the University of Nebraska strives to keep parents of undergraduate members involved and informed as they support the Beta experience. Regular newsletters are mailed to parents notifying them of upcoming opportunities.
Special events and activities are held throughout the school year:
- Hosting a summer luncheon for prospective new members
- A fall move-in & get-acquainted luncheon
- A homecoming luncheon and silent auction
- Decorating the Beta house for the holidays
- Hosting the Winter Formal dinner for Betas and their dates
- Providing meals and snacks during dead and finals week
- Receptions for graduating seniors and their parents
In addition, parents provide financial assistance for special projects requested by the chapter, including:
- Trophy case
- Steam cleaning the bathrooms and cleaning the house
- Purchases and repairs for the house (furniture, kitchen items, chimney inspection, etc.)
- Purchasing of the new flat panel HDTV in the living room
- Remodeling the women's restroom
Funds are raised through yearly dues, the annual silent auction, and other contributions.
Our main goal for the chapter is to make the house a comfortable, pleasant, and safe place to live. With the numerous leadership opportunities available to your son, it is no wonder that fraternity members tend to graduate from college at a higher rate than those men not involved in fraternities. We invite you to become involved in your son’s chapter as he and his Beta brothers strive to live up to the Beta principles.